Swim Safety Plan
Quite simply put: for everyone that enters the water get out of the water! Safety is the top priority for America Multi-Sport. We want our participants to experience, “Life Changing Finish Lines” so we are very diligent and passionate about swim safety.
Policies that make AMS Different:
- All swim starts are time-trial after elite winner’s wave
- Always exceed ratio for life-guards and safety personnel (1:25)
- Other watercraft (boats, kayaks, etc.) are always on the course
- Swim course design and set-up (buoys, counterweights)
- GPS measured coursed to ensure course accuracy
- Professionally certified Water Safety Personnel
- Collaboration with Tom Leaird’s Underwater Service
- Rescue diver always on course
- 1st-Timers clinic and open water swim hosted evening prior to race
- Ambulance positioned on beach at swim exit with lights on for safety and sighting
- Throw bottle system to mark spot of “in danger” swimmers
- 2-way radio communications between all safety personnel
- Timing system pads at swim start and exit
- Communication between Swim Director & Transition Director on Head/Bike counts
- Emergency Action Plan communicated between all staff/volunteers
Race Fee Refunds
There are no refunds for athletes who withdraw or do not show up for a America Multi-Sport event.
An athlete can transfer registration to a different distance within the same event.. Athletes must pay any price increases or race upgrades. Athletes cannot roll a race over to the following year.
Event participation and entry fees are not transferable to another person. This is considered fraud by USAT and will result in a possible suspension from USAT and America Multi-Sport events for a period up to two years.
To edit your event information please follow these two options:
1.) Log into active.com and in the top right of the page hover over ‘Manage’ and select ‘My Events’.
2.) Next, find the race you would like to edit and choose an option.
Alternate Method: Use your race confirmation email to access the options.
Cancellation of an Event
If a race is cancelled or delayed due to severe weather no refunds or credits will be issued. America Multi-Sport also reserves the right to alter or cancel any portion of a race.
Timing Chip lost/stolen/swallowed by a bass fish in the lake: Either way; we reserve the right to charge your registration account $35 to replace it. Make sure you hand it back at the Finish Line!
Authorization for Photo/Video Use
Any pictures/videos captured of you on race weekend may be used by America Multi-Sport for promotional purposes.
Race size policy:
If an event sub-category is less than 50 participants at the finish line: We will not offer AG awards
Post race mailings of SWAG:
We are happy to mail you just about anything from the race; awards, shirts, plaques…however; we ask you send an e-mail to email@example.com and we’ll require a check be sent for the shipping. Price TBD by each requested item type. Thanks!